Is Puma Soccer Gear Better Than Nike & Adidas Now?
Puma soccer is moving up the soccer ladder faster than a.... uhhh..... puma!!
If you haven't noticed Puma has slowly moved into that third slot of best soccer brands and is knocking on the door of the top two Adidas and Nike.
It's also no longer just a one trick pony (or cat) it has some of the best cleats, tops, track suits, balls and bags on the market.
Not only are they producing quality products but they look good now too, from head to toe you know Puma soccer gear is a great choice.
If you're trying to decide between Puma soccer gear and other brands below you'll find all the things you need to consider, advantages, disadvantages and different players around the world that trust Puma.
If you're still sceptical look at all the pro players and pro teams that have chosen to sign sponsorship deals with Puma over the Nike and Adidas's of the world.
Pro clubs such as Manchester City, AC Milan, Borussia Dortmund, Porto and Valencia to name a few have all gone with Puma to provide all their jerseys, track suits, training tops, balls etc. On top of that some of the world's best players have also gone with Puma so before you think it's a second rate brand, think again!
Puma Soccer Videos
Top 5 Advantages Of Wearing Puma Soccer Gear
1. Trusted Name Brand
- You can sleep easy at night when you buy Puma soccer products because of their long standing history of high end products for players and teams at the highest level.
- This isn't some company that opened up overnight, the best craftsmanship and design went into creating these products that have been tested and approved at all levels.
- When you see top players from around the world trusting Puma soccer to provide them with their most valuable tools to perform their multi-million dollar job, you shouldn't need much more convincing than that.
2. Quality Materials
- Whether you go synthetic or leather for your cleats or thicker or thinner material for your apparel you can be assured that Puma soccer gear is made with the highest grade materials.
- If you've ever owned anything from Puma then you know exactly what I am talking about, they are made to last any conditions and can be relied on for seasons after season of wear and tear.
- If you have no preference going with the leather Puma kings might be the best decision you ever make, you can't go wrong with any Puma cleats but the Kings especially have withstood the test of time.
- No matter when you started considering puma soccer boots and apparel one thing has always been consistent and that is the stylish look and design of everything they produce.
- Whether it's unique cleat shapes with unique lacing or bags with unique features you can always count on Puma being the bell of the ball.
- Whether you like flashy or traditional, tight or loose fitted Puma soccer has something for everyone.
4. Good Enough For Neymar, Good Enough For Me!
- When professional players like Neymar, Suarez and Aguero who depend on the best of the best gear and equipment day in and day out say it's good enough for them then it should be good enough for you and me.
- These are the cream of the crop elite athletes and they wouldn't sign a sponsorship deal with a company like Puma just for the money and wear cleats that are going to hurt their game.
- When you have top soccer players sign with a top brand like Nike, Adidas and Puma you know they have quality products to offer.
- The beauty of Puma is that they have such a diverse series of clothing, cleats, gloves, bags, balls and any other piece of equipment you can think of.
- Within each piece of footwear or apparel you can always find different styles whether you like bright colours or simple ones, unique designs or classic ones.
- Puma has done a great job at creating products for a wide variety of players tastes and preferences.
Top 5 Things To Consider When Buying Puma Soccer Cleats, Gear Or Equipment
- The number one thing you should be looking for in all cleats, track suits and gloves are the comfort level of them on your body and Puma never seems to disappoint when it comes to their comfort level.
- The wider shoe that they provide helps with those that need a little more space in their cleats and the fitted but comfortable feel of their apparel is second to none.
- It's okay to feel and look good at the same time.
- When considering going Puma for any of your soccer needs be sure to make sure you love the way the shoe, shirt or ball looks while using it.
- With so many styles, colours and cuts you can be picky when it comes to how you want the piece of Puma soccer gear to look.
- Of course you shouldn't base your decision all on looks instead of the actual functionality of the piece but why not try and get both if you can?
- Know your floor and ceiling for how much it is you want to spend on a Puma item.
- Most items come with different levels to them which influence the price, if you need a new shirt or shoes know how much you want to spend before getting all excited about something you can't afford.
- You can sleep easy at night knowing that Puma soccer gear isn't overpriced and is competitive with the Adidas and Nike, it's not underpriced either though which is a bummer.
- You want whatever you are buying from Puma soccer to last so it's important to understand how long your item is going to last.
- Puma is made with top materials and craftsmanship so no worries there but know if the synthetic or leather version of cleat or the style of bag you're buying is one that will last a few years or just a few months.
- The best way to find this out is to do a little research on what you're buying before you dive right into swiping that card.
5. Stud Pattern & Shape
- One of the most common controversial topics about Puma soccer cleats specifically is the stud pattern and shape on the bottom of the cleats.
- Some players can be really picky about the feel of the ball on the bottom of their feet so make sure the stud pattern and shape is to your liking.
- Typically soccer studs are round but Puma tends to have a variety of different shapes such as blades, triangles and your typical round shape studs in all types of unique patterns that may put some people off.
- So no matter which pattern or shape you like be sure to check the bottom of the shoe and get a feel of the ball to see if it's what suits your preference.
Top 3 Things To Remember Before Buying Puma Soccer Gear
1. Give It A Spin First
- Even if you plan on buying it online go the store and try on the cleats, kick the ball or try on the shirt before going online and buying it.
- You want to make sure you get the right size and fit and that you aren't surprised by anything when the item finally arrives.
- It always helps if you've had the exact or similar item from Puma before, in that case just close your eyes and swipe the card.
2. Read Some Reviews
- It's important to do your research before buying Puma soccer gear, especially if it's something you haven't bought in the past.
- The last thing you want is to something show up at your door that was nothing like you had expected.
- If only you had read a few reviews online about how it fits, what it feels like and other things to consider before breaking the bank.
- Learn from others mistakes and shop accordingly.
3. Ask A Friend Or Teammate
- Maybe a friend or player on your team has the Puma soccer gear you're thinking of buying, in that case ask them about it and if you can try it on for size.
- Even if it's a little bigger or smaller you'll still get an idea for what the item is all about and if it's a ball or bag then giving it a bit of kick or wear will do you a whole lot of good come buying time.
What Are The Top 5 Things Puma Makes?
2. Goalie Gloves
4. Short Sleeve Training Tops
Top 5 Athletes Sponsored By Puma Soccer
If A Team Is Sponsored By Puma Can the Players Still Wear Other Brands Of Cleats?
The simple answer is yes and you see it all the time. Messi for example has a soccer cleat sponsorship with Adidas even though his club Barcelona are sponsored by Nike head to toe (or ankle in his case). '
He wears the Barca Nike gear but wears his choice of Adidas outdoor cleats, he has his own line of cleats so naturally he wears one of them.
Lots of pro players try and get a clothing or shoe sponsorship that aligns with what the club provides their players. This way it matches and is easier to have lots of stock on hand at all times.
With players being transferred and signed by new teams constantly sometimes their cleat sponsorship doesn't match the clubs sponsored brand but once again it isn't a big deal especially among the games elite players.
Is Puma Soccer Gear As Popular As Nike & Adidas
Not quite but is clearly emerged as number three as things stand. Puma soccer as a whole has made great strides creating fantastic cleats, apparel, balls and bags to suit all types of players and teams and has grown to the top of the brands outside of Adidas and Nike.
After the big two there are a handful of other brands such as Under Armour, Puma, New Balance, Lotto and Diadora that are all kind of fighting for that third place and Puma has clearly grabbed that spot.
Some would say that Puma is even knocking on the door of Adidas and Nike with their unique shoe designs and sponsorship or top pro's and top teams worldwide. For now Puma soccer is clearly the third top soccer provider worldwide but ask me in a few years and we could see Puma move on up!
Which Teams Are Sponsored By Puma Soccer?
Puma soccer sponsors the following teams:
1. Manchester City of the English Premier League
2. Borussia Dortmund of the German Bundesliga
3. AC Milan of the Italian Seri A
4.Valencia of the Spanish La Liga
5. Olympique de Marseille of the French Ligue 1
6. Palmeiras of the Brazilian Serie A
Do Any Leagues Play With The Puma Soccer Ball?
Although Puma isn't huge into the ball provider scene quite yet they do for now have one major player under their umbrella.
As of now Puma is the official match day ball sponsor for all games in La Liga (Spain).
Any ball that gets kicked in a match or on a training ground in the Spanish top division is a Puma soccer ball. Adidas has the World Cup and Champions League while Nike has the Premier League, so Adidas runs the table right now in terms of ball sponsorship.
You never know though, Puma soccer could get their hands into the mix with a few more leagues and major tournaments in the very near future.